Up one level 2004.august » Ireland

Ireland
The effects of Empty Nest Syndrome are powerful indeed. My sister, having graduated college earlier in the summer, had a three week gap between her summer employment and a year-long stint teaching in Ecuador. In fear, and seeing an opportunity, my parents figured out they could get time with me as well for a trip -- and the next thing I knew, there was a receipt for a vacation in Ireland. We flew in to the west coast -- Shannon Airport -- with reservations for a rental car, hotels on the first and last night of the trip, vouchers for nights in B&Bs, and flights out of Dublin (the east coast) 10 days later. It was a great trip.

Previous page At last page 65-72 (of 72 found)
DSCF0289 This was a replica build of what the mounds would look like if you removed the tons of earth. DSCF0290 DSCF0291 Pretty awesome skies above Newgrange. DSCF0292 The entrance stone (and reworked entrance) to Newgrange. DSCF0293 This is why my mother came to Ireland.  We got to go inside. DSCF0294 Back in Dublin, reflecting on the Liffey. DSCF0295 Not all of the riverside buildings were good looking -- fortunately, my sister was around to counter them for photographic purposes. DSCF0296 Old and new.  The new is not particularly encouraging.

Valid XHTML 1.0! valid CSS!