The axe misses and lands near the bear where you can't get at it. // The cabinet is actually the opening to a dumbwaiter shaft. The operation of the dumbwaiter is controlled by a pulley-mounted iron chain. // "echoes fade, there is a blinding flash of light (and a small puff of orange" "smoke). . . As your eyes refocus, you look around and find... " // "Just as you reach the other side, the bridge buckles beneath the weight" "of the bear, which was still following you around. You scrabble" "desperately for support, but as the bridge collapses you stumble back" and fall into the chasm. // "It looks as though you are dead. Well, seeing as how it's so close to" "closing time anyway, I think we'll just call it a day." // "Oh dear, you seem to have gotten yourself killed. I might be able to" "help you out, but I've never really done this before. Do you want me" to wake your next man?" // "You clumsy oaf, you've done it again! I don't know how long I can" keep this up. Do you want your last man woken up?" // "Now you've really done it! I'm out of orange smoke! You can't expect me to let you keep on playing without any orange smoke "now, can you?" // Your lamp is getting dim. You'd best go back for those batteries. // Your lamp is getting dim. I'm taking the liberty of replacing the batteries. // "Your lamp is getting dim. You'd best start wrapping this up, unless" you can find some fresh batteries. I seem to recall there's a vending machine in the maze. Bring some coins with you. // "The bear eagerly wolfs down your food, after which he calms" down considerably and even becomes rather friendly. // A little dwarf just walked around the corner and threw an axe at you. "His axe missed, and he cursed and ran away." // The little bird attacks the green snake and in an astounding flurry drives the snake away. // The little bird attacks the green dragon and in an astounding flurry gets burned to a cinder. The ashes blow away. // "The oil has freed up the hinges so that the door will now move," although it requires some effort. // Hidden behind the poster is a steel safe embedded in the wall. // "As the blast of the horn reverberates through the chamber, the" "seemingly solid rock wall crumbles away, revealing another room just" beyond. The wall was most likely worn thin by an ancient watercourse which dried up just before completely wearing away the rock. // " As soon as you press the last tile, the great steel door slowly" " swings open with an eerie silence." // "The bear lumbers toward the troll, who lets out a startled shriek" and scurries away. The bear soon gives up the pursuit and wanders back. // "You thought it was mescaline? Anyway, the mushrooms appear" to have no effect on you. // "There's not much point in wandering around out here, and you" "can't explore the cave without a lamp. So let's call it a day." // "A glistening pearl falls out of the clam and rolls away. Goodness," this must really be an oyster. (I never was very good at identifying "bivalves.) Whatever it is, it has now snapped shut again." // "Alright. But don't blame me if something goes wr......" " --+Poof!+---" "You are engulfed in a cloud of orange smoke. Coughing and gasping," "you emerge from the smoke and find..." // "Okay, now where did I put my orange smoke? >Poof!<" Everything disappears in a dense cloud of orange smoke. // "As the grey powder mixes with the bubbling quicksand, the whole" mixture gradually thickens to a rocklike hardness. // The pumps have run too long without cooling off! From deep within the mine the engine's throbbing becomes a loud vibrating roar as the great engine tears itself apart. All around you timbers are cracking! The entire roof of the mine is collapsing! // You must assign the saved portion of the game a name of up to 6 characters. This name will be the name of a disk file containing the variables for your game. You can restart the game at a later time by using the "RESUME" command. What do you want to name the saved game? // From behind the door there is a whirring sound and the card is "sucked from your hand. A moment later, the great oaken door" swings open. // "I can suspend your adventure for you so that you can resume later, but" you will have to wait at least 0 minutes before continuing. Is this acceptable? // Congratulations! You have just vanquished a dragon with your bare hands! "(Unbelievable, isn't it?)" // The ming vase drops with a delicate crash. // soon. All adventurers exit immediately through main office." // "You have jerked the cloak free of the rocks. However, in doing" "so you have caused a small rockslide, blocking the entrance" and making an unholy din. "You turkey!!! Now you've done it! It took some effort, but you" "woke up the Wumpus. He slowly opens one red eye, and then another," "and then one more (!!), and looks at you sleepily. He had been" "dreaming of a late snack. If you don't act quickly, you'll" be a *late* adventurer! //