Path: uunet!zephyr.ens.tek.com!tekred!saab!billr From: billr@saab.CNA.TEK.COM (Bill Randle) Newsgroups: comp.sources.games Subject: v09i090: adven - original adventure game in FORTRAN, Part02/08 Message-ID: <5629@tekred.CNA.TEK.COM> Date: 18 May 90 18:19:56 GMT Sender: news@tekred.CNA.TEK.COM Lines: 1140 Approved: billr@saab.CNA.TEK.COM Submitted-by: Chris Rende Posting-number: Volume 9, Issue 90 Archive-name: adven/Part02 #! /bin/sh # This is a shell archive. Remove anything before this line, then unpack # it by saving it into a file and typing "sh file". To overwrite existing # files, type "sh file -c". You can also feed this as standard input via # unshar, or by typing "sh 'adv.data.3' <<'END_OF_FILE' X52 It misses! X53 It gets you! X54 Ok X55 You can't unlock the keys. X56 You have crawled around in some little holes and wound up back in the X56 main passage. X57 I don't know where the cave is, but hereabouts no stream can run on X57 the surface for long. I would try the stream. X58 I need more detailed instructions to do that. X59 I can only tell you what you see as you move about and manipulate X59 things. I cannot tell you where remote things are. X60 I can't make any sense out of that. X61 What? X62 Are you trying to get into the cave? X63 The grate is very solid and has a hardened steel lock. You cannot X63 enter without a key, and there are no keys nearby. I would recommend X63 looking elsewhere for the keys. X64 The trees of the forest are large hardwood oak and maple, with an X64 occasional grove of pine or spruce. There is quite a bit of under- X64 growth, largely birch and ash saplings plus nondescript bushes of X64 various sorts. This time of year visibility is quite restricted by X64 all the leaves, but travel is quite easy if you detour around the X64 spruce and berry bushes. X65 Welcome to ADVENTURE!! Would you like instructions? X66 Digging without a shovel is quite impractical. Even with a shovel X66 progress is unlikely. X67 Blasting requires dynamite. X68 I'm as confused as you are. X69 Mist is a white vapor, usually water, seen from time to time in X69 caverns. It can be found anywhere but is frequently a sign of a deep X69 pit leading down to water. X70 Your feet are now wet. X71 I think I just lost my appetite. X72 Thank you, it was delicious! X73 You have taken a drink from the stream. The water tastes strongly of X73 minerals, but is not unpleasant. It is extremely cold. X74 The bottle is now empty. X75 Rubbing the electric lamp is not particularly rewarding. Anyway, X75 nothing exciting happens. X76 Peculiar. Nothing unexpected happens. X77 Your bottle is empty and the ground is wet. X78 You can't pour that. X79 Watch it! X80 Which way? X81 Oh dear, you seem to have gotten yourself killed. I might be able to X81 help you out, but I've never really done this before. Do you want me X81 to try to reincarnate you? X82 All right. But don't blame me if something goes wr...... X82 * --- POOF!! --- * X82 You are engulfed in a cloud of orange smoke. Coughing and gasping, X82 you emerge from the smoke and find.... X83 You clumsy oaf, you've done it again! I don't know how long I can X83 keep this up. Do you want me to try reincarnating you again? X84 Okay, now where did I put my orange smoke?.... >POOF!< X84 Everything disappears in a dense cloud of orange smoke. X85 Now you've really done it! I'm out of orange smoke! You don't expect X85 me to do a decent reincarnation without any orange smoke, do you? X86 Okay, if you're so smart, do it yourself! I'm leaving! X90 >>> Messages 81 thru 90 are reserved for "Obituaries". <<< X91 Sorry, but I no longer seem to remember how it was you got here. X92 It's too heavy. You'll have to drop something first. X93 You can't go through a locked steel grate! X94 I believe what you want is right here with you. X95 You don't fit through a two-inch slit! X96 I respectfully suggest you go across the bridge instead of jumping. X97 There is no way across the fissure. X98 You're not carrying anything. X99 You are currently holding the following: X100 It's not hungry (it's merely pinin' for the fjords). Besides, you X100 have no bird seed. X101 The snake has now devoured your bird. X102 There's nothing here it wants to eat (except perhaps you). X103 You fool, dwarves eat only coal! Now you've made him *REALLY* mad!! X104 Your cask is empty and the ground is soaked. X105 You aren't carrying them! X106 I don't need to, thank you. X107 The ground is wet and the air is smelly. X108 Your lamp is now on, but the glare from the walls is absolutely X108 blinding. If you proceed you are likely to fall into a pit. X109 You haven't any matches. X110 Don't be ridiculous! X111 The door is extremely rusty and refuses to open. X112 The plant indignantly shakes dry its leaves and asks, "Water?" X113 The hinges are quite thoroughly rusted now and won't budge. X114 The oil has freed up the hinges so that the door will now move, X114 although it requires some effort. X115 The plant has exceptionally deep roots and cannot be pulled free. X116 The dwarves' knives vanish as they strike the walls of the cave. X117 Something you're carrying won't fit through the tunnel with you. X117 You'd best take inventory and drop something. X118 You can't fit this five-foot clam through that little passage! X119 You can't fit this five-foot oyster through that little passage! X120 I advise you to put down the clam before opening it. >Strain!< X121 I advise you to put down the oyster before opening it. >Wrench!< X122 You don't have anything strong enough to open the clam. X123 You don't have anything strong enough to open the oyster. X124 A glistening pearl falls out of the clam and rolls away. Goodness, X124 this must really be an oyster. (I never was very good at identifying X124 bivalves.) Whatever it is, it has now snapped shut again. X125 The oyster creaks open, revealing nothing but oyster inside. It X125 promptly snaps shut again. X126 You have crawled around in some little holes and found your way X126 blocked by a recent cave-in. You are now back in the main passage. X127 There are faint rustling noises from the darkness behind you. X128 Out from the shadows behind you pounces a bearded pirate! "Har, har," X128 he chortles, "I'll just take all this booty and hide it away with me X128 chest deep in the maze!" He snatches your treasure and vanishes into X128 the gloom. X129 A sepulchral voice reverberating through the cave, says, "Cave closing X129 soon. All adventurers exit immediately through Main Office." X130 A mysterious recorded voice groans into life and announces: X130 "This exit is closed. Please leave via Main Office." X131 It looks as though you're dead. Well, seeing as how it's so close to X131 closing time anyway, I think we'll just call it a day. X132 The sepulchral voice entones, "The cave is now closed." As the echoes X132 fade, there is a blinding flash of light (and a small puff of orange X132 smoke). . . . As your eyes refocus, you look around and find... X133 There is a loud explosion, and a twenty-foot hole appears in the far X133 wall, burying the dwarves in the rubble. You march through the hole X133 and find yourself in the Main Office, where a cheering band of X133 friendly elves carry the conquering adventurer off into the sunset. X134 There is a loud explosion, and a twenty-foot hole appears in the far X134 wall, burying the snakes in the rubble. A river of molten lava pours X134 in through the hole, destroying everything in its path, including you! X135 There is a loud explosion, and you are suddenly splashed across the X135 walls of the room. X136 The resulting ruckus has awakened the dwarves. There are now several X136 threatening little dwarves in the room with you! Most of them throw X136 knives at you! All of them get you! X137 Oh, leave the poor unhappy bird alone. X138 I daresay whatever you want is around here somewhere. X139 I'm not sure what you mean by "Stop". Use "Quit" if you want to give X139 up. X140 You can't get there from here. X141 You are being followed by a very large, tame bear. X142 - *** THE HISTORY OF ADVENTURE (ABRIDGED) *** - X142 - ** By Ima Wimp ** - X142 ADVENTURE was originally developed by William Crowther, and later X142 substantially rewritten and expanded by Don Woods at Stanford Univ. X142 According to legend, Crowther's original version was modelled on an X142 a real cavern, called Colossal Cave, which is a part of Kentucky's X142 Mammoth Caverns. That version of the game included the main maze X142 and a portion of the third-level (Complex Junction - Bedquilt - X142 Swiss Cheese rooms, etc.), but not much more. X142 - - - X142 Don Woods and some others at Stanford later rewrote portions of X142 the original program, and greatly expanded the cave. That version X142 of the game is recognizable by the maximum score of 350 points. X142 At this writing (November, 1978), that version is by far the most X142 widely known. X142 - - - X142 The latest additions were done throughout 1978 by David Long while X142 at the University of Chicago, Graduate School of Business. X142 Long's additions include the seaside entrance and all of X142 the cave on the "far side" of Lost River (Rainbow Rm - Crystal X142 Palace - Blue Grotto - Rotunda - beyond Joshua's wall, etc., etc.). X142 The current cave is about 50% larger than the Woods/Stanford model. X142 In the process, the code was heavily rewritten to permit more X142 generalized handling of objects and to allow a far more complex X142 syntax. The current maximum score is 501 points. X142 - - - X142 Except for a couple of trivial subroutines (to get user-ID's for X142 logging purposes), ADVENTURE is written entirely in FORTRAN. This X142 not because Crowther/Woods/Long love FORTRAN, but because it is X142 almost infinitely portable. There were indeed moments when it took X142 great strength to withstand the temptation to whip out some character X142 handling routine in MACRO, instead of the furshlugginer compiler. X142 For example, there is an excellent rival game to Adventure, called X142 DUNGEON, developed at M.I.T., which is totally non-portable since X142 it is coded in an obscure variant of two initially obscure compilers, X142 and can only be transported in executable form between DEC-10's X142 and 20's. X142 - - - X142 Those interested in obtaining the latest releases of either the X142 source (FORTRAN IV) or executable code (DEC-20) should contact: X142 David E. Long, GSB Computing Services, University of Chicago, X142 5836 S. Greenwood Ave, Chicago IL 60637, (312) 753-4290. X142 To determine how out of date your version is, check the release date X142 and number printed in the opening line of each game. The version X142 number is parsed thusly: Version (say) 5.1/6 is major version 5, X X142 release 1, bugfix 6. The release number is changed only when the X142 cave mapping is altered or when new items are added. The major X142 version number is incremented after adding extensions large enough X142 to affect the overall flavor of the game. To whet curious appetites, X142 major version 6 is projected to appear sometime around the summer X142 of 1979. It will contain a whole new wing to the cave (natch!) X142 plus a much enlarged surface area, including the Great Serbonian X142 Bog, the Castle of Aldor and the terrifying Passage of Fire. X142 Stay tuned! X142 - - - X142 Thanks are owed to Roger Matus and David Feldman, both of U. of C., X142 for several suggestions, including the Rainbow Room, the telephone X142 booth and the fearsome Wumpus. Further thanks go to J. R. Carlson X142 for many debugging suggestions. Most thanks (and apologies) X142 go to Thomas Malory, Charles Dodgson, the Grimm Brothers, Dante, X142 Homer, Frank Baum and especially Anon., the real authors of ADVENTURE. X142 - - - - X143 Do you indeed wish to quit now? X144 There is nothing here with which to fill the vase. X145 The sudden change in temperature has delicately shattered the vase. X146 It is beyond your power to do that. X147 I don't know how. X148 It is too far up for you to reach. X149 You killed a little dwarf. The body vanishes in a cloud of greasy X149 black smoke. X150 The shell is very strong and is impervious to attack. X151 What's the matter, can't you read? Now you'd best start over. X152 The axe bounces harmlessly off the dragon's thick scales. X153 The dragon looks rather nasty. You'd best not try to get by. X154 The little bird attacks the green dragon, and in an astounding flurry X154 gets burnt to a cinder. The ashes blow away. X155 On what? X156 Okay, from now on I'll only describe a place in full the first time X156 you come to it. To get the full description, say "LOOK". X157 Trolls are close relatives with the rocks and have skin as tough as X157 that of a rhinoceros. The troll fends off your blows effortlessly. X158 The troll deftly catches the axe, examines it carefully, and tosses it X158 back, declaring, "Good workmanship, but it's not valuable enough." X159 The troll catches your treasure and scurries away out of sight. X160 The troll refuses to let you cross. X161 There is no longer any way across the chasm. X162 Just as you reach the other side, the bridge buckles beneath the X162 weight of the bear, which was still following you around. You X162 scrabble desperately for support, but as the bridge collapses you X162 stumble back and fall into the chasm. X163 The bear lumbers toward the troll, who lets out a startled shriek and X163 scurries away. The bear soon gives up the pursuit and wanders back. X164 The axe misses and lands near the bear where you can't get at it. X165 With what? Your bare hands? Against *HIS* bear hands?? X166 The bear is confused; he only wants to be your friend. X167 For crying out loud, the poor thing is already dead! X168 The bear eagerly licks up the honeycomb, after which he seems to calm X168 down considerably and even becomes rather friendly. X169 The bear is still chained to the wall. X170 The chain is still locked. X171 The chain is now unlocked. X172 The chain is now locked. X173 There is nothing here to which the chain can be locked. X174 There is nothing here to eat. X175 Do you want the hint? X176 Do you need help getting out of the maze? X177 You can make the passages look less alike by dropping things. X178 Are you trying to explore beyond the Plover Room? X179 There is a way to explore that region without having to worry about X179 falling into a pit. None of the objects available is immediately X179 useful in discovering the secret. X180 Do you need help getting out of here? X181 Don't go west. X182 Gluttony is not one of the troll's vices. Avarice, however, is. X183 Your lamp is getting dim. You'd best start wrapping this up, unless X183 you can find some fresh batteries. I seem to recall there's a vending X183 machine in the maze. Bring some coins with you. X184 Your lamp has run out of power. X185 There's not much point in wandering around out here, and you can't X185 explore the cave without a lamp. So let's just call it a day. X186 There are faint rustling noises from the darkness behind you. As you X186 turn toward them, the beam of your lamp falls across a bearded pirate. X186 He is carrying a large chest. "Shiver me timbers!", he cries, "I've X186 been spotted! I'd best hie meself off to the maze to hide me chest!" X186 With that, he vanishes into the gloom. X187 Your lamp is getting dim. You'd best replace those batteries. X188 Your lamp is now shining with renewed strength. X189 Your lamp is getting dim, and you haven't any more coins. You'd X189 best start wrapping this up. X190 I'm afraid the magazine is written in dwarvish. X191 "This is not the maze where the pirate leaves his treasure chest." X192 Hmmm, this looks like a clue, which means it'll cost you 10 points to X192 read it. Should I go ahead and read it anyway? X193 It says, "There is something strange about this place, such that one X193 of the words I've always known now has a new effect." X194 It says the same thing it did before. X195 I'm afraid I don't understand. X196 "Congratulations on bringing light into the dark-room!" X197 You strike the mirror a resounding blow, whereupon it shatters into a X197 myriad tiny fragments. X198 You have taken the vase and hurled it delicately to the ground. X199 You prod the nearest dwarf, who wakes up grumpily, takes one look at X199 you, curses, and grabs for his axe. X200 Is this acceptable? X201 There's no point in suspending a demonstration game. X202 You managed to climb about halfway up before losing your hold and X202 sliding back. X203 You were only a few yards from the top when you slipped and tumbled X203 all the way back down. X204 Ok, ok. No need to be grabby. X205 Pulling an angry bear around is a good way to get your arm ripped off. X206 The sword is now very clean. X207 The sword is now covered with oil. X208 The handle is now too slippery to grasp. X209 You have no scabbord! X210 You are already wearing it! X211 Do you want to extract the sword from the anvil? X212 If you could convince me of your royal blood, you might get somewhere. X213 Are you trying to go up the slide? X214 Maybe you'd better look for another way into the cave. X215 You grasp the sword's handle and pull, but the sword won't budge. X215 Do you want to try yanking it out? X216 A tiny elf runs straight at you, shouts "Phuce!", and X216 disappears into the forest. X217 You can't swim. You'd best go by boat. X218 The boat's oars were stolen by the dwarves to play bing-bong. X218 (That's dwarvish ping-pong -- with rocks!). You have no way X218 to propel the boat. X219 You are still in the boat. It is too heavy to carry. X220 You had better leave the boat first. X221 You are now sitting in a small boat. X222 You couldn't possibly cross this sea without a large ship. X223 The cliff is unscalable. X224 Your keys are all too large for the lock. X225 The wall is too smooth to climb. X226 The shelf is beyond your reach. X227 You are already wearing them! X228 You thought maybe these were peyote?? You feel a little dizzy, X228 but nothing happens. X229 You are growing taller, expanding like a telescope! Just before X229 your head strikes the top of the chamber, the mysterious process X229 stops as suddenly as it began. X230 You are closing up like an accordian....shrinking..shrinking. You X230 are now your normal size. X231 You have smashed your bottle all over the ground. X232 You are now too big to leave the way you came in. X233 This is obviously an elfin entrance. Unless you can squeeze X233 yourself through a six-inch door, you'll have to find another X233 way into the cave. X234 The wrought-iron door is now locked. X235 The tiny door is now locked. X236 The wrought-iron door is now unlocked. X237 The tiny door is now unlocked. X238 You are blocked by a wall of solid rock. X239 >$< X240 The Wumpus looks at the food with distaste. He looks at *YOU* with X240 relish! X241 You have jerked the cloak free of the rocks. However, in doing X241 so you have caused a small rockslide, blocking the entrance X241 and making an unholy din. X242 The cloak is stuck tight under the rocks. You'll probably have to X242 yank it out. X243 The Wumpus grabs the axe, stops and picks his teeth with it for a few X243 moments while looking thoughtfully at you. When he finishes picking X243 his teeth, he eats the axe, belches, farts... and starts after X243 you again! X244 As the bridge disappears, the Wumpus scrambles frantically to reach X244 your side of the fissure. He misses by inches, and with a horrible X244 shriek plunges to his death in the depths of the fissure! X245 You can't even hit a sleeping Wumpus! The axe is now lying too near X245 the Wumpus for you to retrieve it. X246 The Wumpus is between you and the axe. You can't reach it. X247 You can't fit through a six-inch door! X248 The dog easily dodges the axe, which lands beyond him where you can't X248 get at it. X249 The dog wolfs (natch) down the food and looks around hungrily for X249 more. However, he does not appear to be any better disposed towards X249 your presence. X250 You've got to be kidding! X251 It's attached to the wall! X252 You can't put a thing into itself! X253 The gnome firmly blocks the door of the booth. You can't enter. X254 The constant ringing has awakened the dwarves! X254 There are now several threatening little dwarves in the room with X254 you! Most of them throw knives at you! All of them get you! X255 The telephone is out of order. X256 The telephone is out of order and your hand is sore. X257 A couple of lead slugs drop from the coinbox. (Gnomes are X257 notoriously cheap....) But you've broken the phone beyond X257 all hope. X258 He wants treasure, not gab. X259 He didn't say anything! X260 It isn't a parrot. He didn't say anything. X261 No one replies. The line goes dead with a faint "Click". X262 I think you are a little confused! X263 As you move towards the phone booth, a gnome suddenly streaks X263 around the corner, jumps into the booth and rudely slams the door X263 in your face. You can't get in. X264 He isn't hungry. X265 As the blast of the horn reverberates through the chamber, the X265 seemingly solid rock wall crumbles away, revealing another room just X265 beyond. The wall was most likely worn thin by an ancient watercourse X265 which dried up just before completely wearing away the rock. X266 The chamber reverberates to the blast of the horn. X266 (Satchmo you ain't!) X267 The bees swarm over the fresh flowers, leaving the hive unguarded X267 and revealing a sweet honeycomb. X268 You are now out of breath. X269 It isn't ringing! X270 A hairy paw reaches out of the darkness and.... X271 You don't have the correct change. X272 You go a short way down the bright passage, but the light X272 grows to blinding intensity. You can't continue. X273 You know, if you type "BRIEF", I won't have to keep repeating these X273 long descriptions of each room. X274 Are you trying to reach the natural bridge? X275 You can't get to it by climbing the walls or jumping or anything X275 like that. You could always put in a telephone call to the local X275 spelunking club for advice, if you could find a phone. X276 You turkey!!! Now you've done it! It took some effort, but you X276 woke up the Wumpus. He slowly opens one red eye, and then another, X276 and then one more (!!), and looks at you sleepily. He had been X276 dreaming of a late snack. If you don't act quickly, you'll X276 be a *late* adventurer! X277 The blast of your horn echos throughout hill and dale. X278 All you have are watercress sandwiches. The bear is less than X278 interested. X279 You have smashed your sword to smithereens against a rock. X280 Setting yourself adrift in the boat with no way to propel it would X280 not be very smart. Best to keep the pole. X281 You're already in it! X282 You've hit the jackpot!! Hundreds of coins and slugs cascade from X282 the telephone's coin return slot and spill all over the floor of X282 the booth. X283 Whoops! The floor has opened out from under you! It seems you X283 have fallen into a bottomless pit. As a matter of fact, you're X283 still falling! Well, I have better things to do than wait around X283 for you to strike bottom, so let's just assume you're dead. X283 Sorry about that, Chief. X284 The telephone in the booth has begun to ring. X285 I don't understand what you are trying to do! X286 How do you propose to cross the river? X287 The air is filled with beautiful music. X288 The air fills with beautiful music. The dog gradually becomes X288 less fierce, and after a short while he lies down by the side of X288 the cavern and falls into a deep sleep. X289 Are you trying to get past the dog? X290 The only person I can remember who managed to get past the dog X290 was that singer, ummm, what's his name... Euridice's friend.... X291 That wouldn't be wise. It is best to let sleeping dogs lie. X292 The stream flows out of one very small crack and into another. X292 You can't go that way. X293 The river is too wide and deep to cross. X294 The glare is absolutely blinding. If you proceed you are likely X294 to fall into a pit. X295 The hum of the bees rises to an angry buzz as you move towards X295 the hive. X296 The sticks and branches are all in a tangle and are stuck in the X296 mud. You'd need a shovel to dig them out. X297 You're already carrying them! X298 The chalice is slightly cracked. It won't hold any liquids. X299 The cask is now empty. X300 The wine goes right to your head. You reel around in a drunken X300 stupor and finally pass out. You awaken with a splitting headache, X300 and try to focus your eyes.... X301 Yeeeecchhh!! X302 Your bottle is already full. X303 The cask is already full. X304 There is nothing here with which to fill the bottle. X305 There is nothing here which you would want to put into the cask. X306 Your bottle is now full of water. X307 The cask is now full of water. X308 Your bottle is now full of oil. X309 The cask is now full of oil. X310 The bottle is now full of wine. X311 The cask is now full of wine. X312 You have nothing in which to carry it. X313 You can't fill that. X314 Do you want it in the bottle or the cask? X315 Your containers are both full. X316 It's empty. X317 Hmmm, I see you have already gone through an extra set of batteries. X317 I'll get rid of the trash for you. X318 The bridge shakes as you cross. Large hunks of clay and rock near X318 the edge break off and hurtle far down into the chasm. Several of X318 the cracks on the bridge surface widen perceptibly. X319 The load is too much for the bridge! With a roar, the entire X319 structure gives way, plunging you headlong into the raging river at X319 the bottom of the chasm and scattering all your holdings. As the X319 icy waters close over your head, you flail and thrash with all your X319 might, and with your last ounce of strength pull yourself onto the X319 south bank of the river. X320 You can't get at him. He is inside the phone booth. X321 Your lamp is already on. X322 Your lamp is already off. X323 Your lamp is again growing dim. You'd better get some more batteries. X324 You know, you are wasting your batteries by wandering around out X324 here with your light on. X325 X326 Dead wumpi, as a rule, are light eaters. Nothing happens. X327 How do expect to feed a sleeping Wumpus? X328 You aren't holding it! X329 It won't fit! X330 The coin drops into the slot with a dull "clunk". There is no X330 dial tone. X331 It's already there. X332 Thank you for your comments. They will be dispatched immediately X332 via Gnome Express to the Wizard. X333 The chest is now unlocked. X334 The chest is now locked. X335 You can't get at it. X336 It's already open. X337 It's locked. X338 It's already closed. X339 You can't fill that. It would leak all over the place. X340 It's not inside anything. X341 It isn't there! X342 How? X343 Taken. X344 Dropped. X345 I don't think I can. X346 Interesting. How? X347 Huh? X348 You are in perfect health. X349 You are fit as a fiddle. X350 Only wizards can do that! X351 Are you kidding? Do you want to suffocate the poor thing? X352 Thrown. X353 Left. X354 You can't get close enough for a clean thrust. X355 As you move in for the kill, the dwarf neatly slips a knife X355 between your ribs. X356 As you approach, the dwarf slashes out with his knife! X357 It's too dark to see anything! X358 It's not open. X359 There's nothing inside. X360 It contains: X361 The billboard reads: X361 "Visit Beautiful Colossal Cave. Open Year Around. Fun for X361 the entire family, or at least for those who survive." X361 Below the headline is an impossibly complicated map showing how X361 to find Colossal Cave. Not that it matters, because all the X361 directions are written in Elvish. X362 Hidden behind the poster is a steel safe, embedded in the wall. X363 Brushing the dust from one of the larger rocks reveals some carved X363 characters. X364 Enough dusting, already! You're making me sneeze. X365 The safe door smoothly swings open. X366 Maybe if you rubbed your fingertips with sandpaper.... X367 The safe's door clicks shut. X368 This is a combination safe. The keys won't help. X369 I certainly can't read in this light. X370 The poster has on it a picture of a short, fat wizard with a bushy X370 red beard and a white painted face. He is playing an electric X370 guitar. The caption reads: 'LOOK OUT KISS!! Here comes WIZZ!!!! X370 Brian Baas lead singer and vocals. Playing at a Woodstock X370 near you!' X371 "Click." X372 In the rock is carved the message "7-22-34". X373 You can't get at them. X374 Ok, I'll give you the full description whenever you enter a room X374 for the first time. X375 You don't have the right key. X376 That's not strong enough to open the clam. X377 That's not strong enough to open the oyster. X378 As you approach, the spider's grin widens. I wouldn't proceed X378 any further. X379 The spider grabs the fly, wraps it silk, and proceeds to quietly X379 munch on it, leaving the door unguarded. X380 >>> Messages 381 thru 389 are reserved for "Diagnoses". <<< X381 You are a bit off top form, but nothing to worry about. X382 You are weaker than usual. Better avoid fights. X383 You really ought to take a break. You're in tough shape. X384 You are on the edge of collapse. Lots of sun and fresh air will X384 speed your recovery. X385 Your strength is nearly gone. Only a miracle can save you now. X386 It reads (in intricate design): 'Shamut' X387 ** Unused ** X388 ** Unused ** X389 ** Unused ** X390 >>> Messages 391 thru 399 are reserved for Radium Poisoning. <<< X391 Is it hot in here? You are flushed and sweating. X392 You are feeling definitely peculiar, weak.... X393 You're dizzy, nauseous. You can barely stand. X394 You are really ill. If you don't find an antidote soon, it's X394 curtains. X395 You are a walking wound. You are very weak. You'd better find out X395 what's wrong before it's too late. X396 Sheeesh! What a mess! Your hair has fallen out and your skin is X396 covered with blisters. And not an asprin in sight! X397 Well, you tried, but your strength is gone. The agony is finally X397 over. X398 The fly buzzes his last buzz and takes a nosedive. X399 Suddenly, one of the stone contortions comes to life! It is X399 an old, lethargic ogre, who ambles toward you and hands you an X399 old scrap of parchment. He then disappears before your very eyes! X-1 X7 X2 3 0 1 Brass lamp 0 0 0 X3 8 9 0 Grate 0 0 0 X4 10 0 1 Cage 0 0 0 X5 11 0 2 Black rod 0 0 0 X6 0 0 2 Black rod 0 0 0 X7 14 15 0 Steps 0 0 0 X9 148 0 2 Wood Pole 0 0 0 X10 96 0 1 Pillow 0 0 0 X11 19 -1 0 Snake 0 0 0 X12 17 27 0 Fissure 0 0 0 X13 101 -1 0 Tablet 0 0 0 X14 103 0 7 Giant clam 0 0 0 X15 0 0 7 Oyster 0 0 0 X16 106 0 1 Magazines 1 0 108 X17 0 -1 0 Dwarf 0 0 0 X18 0 0 0 Knife 0 0 0 X19 238 0 2 Tasty Food 0 0 0 X20 238 0 1 Bottle 0 0 0 X21 117 122 0 *Chasm1 0 0 0 X22 190 235 0 *Chasm2 0 0 0 X23 109 -1 0 Mirror 0 0 0 X24 25 -1 0 Tiny Plant 0 0 0 X25 23 67 0 Beanstalk 0 0 0 X26 111 -1 0 Stalagmite 0 0 0 X27 35 110 0 Figure 0 0 0 X28 0 0 3 Small Axe 0 0 0 X29 97 -1 0 *Drawings 0 0 0 X30 0 -1 0 Pirate 0 0 0 X31 119 121 0 Dragon 0 0 0 X33 117 122 0 Troll 0 0 0 X34 0 0 0 Troll 0 0 0 X35 130 -1 0 Tame Bear 0 0 0 X36 0 -1 0 *Message 0 0 0 X37 126 -1 0 Volcano 0 0 0 X38 140 -1 0 Machine 0 0 0 X39 0 0 3 Batteries 0 0 0 X40 96 -1 0 *Moss 0 0 0 X41 94 -1 0 Giant Door 0 0 0 X42 158 166 0 Elfin door 0 0 0 X43 160 167 0 Iron door 0 0 0 X44 188 189 0 Door 0 0 0 X46 155 0 1 Flowers 0 0 0 X47 174 -1 1 Silk Cloak 3 0 -112 X48 166 0 0 Wood Boat 0 0 0 X49 228 229 0 Sticks 0 0 0 X50 18 0 6 Nugget 2 0 -55 X51 204 0 1 Diamonds 2 0 -112 X52 27 0 2 Horn 2 0 -112 X53 29 0 2 Jewelry 1 0 -112 X54 30 0 3 Rare Coins 5 0 -112 X55 0 0 5 Chest 5 0 3 X56 92 0 4 Gold Eggs 3 0 -112 X57 168 0 3 Trident 2 0 -55 X58 97 0 2 Ming vase 2 0 3 X59 100 0 3 Emerald 3 0 -112 X60 101 0 4 Pyramid 4 0 -112 X61 0 0 1 Pearl 4 0 -112 X62 119 121 3 Rug 3 0 3 X63 127 0 1 Spices 1 0 -112 X64 130 -1 3 Gold Chain 4 0 -112 X65 141 0 2 Sword 4 0 -112 X66 144 0 1 Crown 2 0 -112 X67 205 0 1 Ruby Shoes 3 0 -112 X68 28 0 2 Lyre 1 0 -112 X69 238 0 1 Black fly 1 0 -112 X70 220 0 2 Holy grail 2 0 -112 X71 230 0 3 Oaken Cask 3 4 -55 X72 0 0 1 Gold ring 4 0 -112 X73 147 0 1 Clover 1 0 -112 X81 0 0 2 Water 0 0 0 X82 0 0 2 Water 0 0 0 X83 0 0 2 Oil 0 0 0 X84 0 0 2 Oil 0 0 0 X85 0 0 2 Wine 0 0 0 X86 0 0 2 Wine 0 0 0 X87 193 -1 0 Bumblebees 0 0 0 X88 102 194 0 *Wall 0 0 0 X89 0 -1 0 *Wall 0 0 0 X90 159 0 1 Tiny key 0 0 0 X91 141 -1 0 *Anvil 0 0 0 X92 172 174 0 *Rocks 0 0 0 X93 188 -1 0 Phonebooth 0 0 0 X94 189 -1 0 Telephone 0 0 0 X95 0 0 3 Lead Slugs 0 0 0 X96 0 0 2 Honeycomb 0 0 0 X97 193 -1 0 Beehive 0 0 0 X98 227 -1 0 Large dog 0 0 0 X99 174 -1 0 Wumpus 0 0 0 X101 13 0 2 Bird 0 0 0 X102 238 0 1 Keys 0 0 0 X103 217 -1 0 Fountain 0 0 0 X104 171 -1 0 Bats 0 0 0 X105 0 -1 0 Gnome 0 0 0 X106 146 0 1 Mushrooms 0 0 0 X107 159 0 1 Cakes 0 0 0 X108 3 0 2 Large Sack 0 0 0 X110 0 0 3 Rare Book 2 0 -112 X111 0 0 3 Rare Book 0 0 0 X112 0 -1 0 Safe 0 0 0 X113 3 0 1 Old Poster 0 0 0 X114 180 0 1 Whiskbroom 0 0 0 X115 39 -1 0 *Carving 0 0 0 X116 5 -1 0 *Billbd 0 0 0 X118 110 0 3 Metal Tube 0 0 0 X119 169 0 1 Green Rock 4 0 -118 X120 198 0 2 Crys. Ball 2 0 -112 X121 239 -1 0 Spider 0 0 0 X122 225 0 1 Parchment 0 0 0 X-1 -1 -1 -1 END LIST -1 -1 -1 X8 X1 24 X2 29 X3 0 X4 33 X5 0 X6 33 X7 38 X8 38 X9 42 X10 14 X11 43 X12 110 X13 29 X14 110 X15 73 X16 75 X17 29 X18 13 X19 59 X20 59 X21 174 X22 313 X23 67 X24 13 X25 147 X26 155 X27 369 X28 146 X29 110 X30 13 X31 13 X32 24 X33 25 X34 110 X35 262 X36 14 X37 29 X38 271 X39 14 X40 14 X41 24 X42 29 X43 38 X44 24 X45 331 X46 24 X47 109 X48 332 X49 0 X50 0 X51 348 X52 358 X53 0 X54 364 X55 0 X-1 X9 X0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 X0 99 100 115 116 212 126 X0 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 X0 157 158 159 166 167 168 169 160 192 X0 198 201 214 227 228 229 238 155 156 X1 24 X2 217 X3 24 33 217 1 3 4 7 38 95 X3 166 167 168 169 192 198 206 207 208 X3 214 228 229 113 X4 46 47 48 54 56 58 82 85 86 X4 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 X4 141 142 189 X5 9 10 11 12 13 14 166 167 X6 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 X6 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 X6 157 158 159 160 227 228 229 238 X7 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 X7 52 53 54 55 56 80 81 82 86 X8 99 100 101 X9 108 X10 141 X11 98 X12 8 X13 13 X14 158 X15 202 X16 157 227 X17 19 X-1 X10 X72 You are obviously a rank amateur. Better luck next time. X130 Your score qualifies you as a Novice Class Adventurer. X200 You have achieved the rating: "Experienced Adventurer". X250 You may now consider yourself a "Seasoned Adventurer". X350 You have reached "Junior Master" status. X435 Your score puts you in Master Adventurer Class C. X470 Your score puts you in Master Adventurer Class B. X500 Your score puts you in Master Adventurer Class A. X9999 All of Adventuredom gives tribute to you, Adventurer Grandmaster! X-1 X11 X2 9999 10 0 0 X3 9999 5 0 0 X7 75 4 176 177 X8 25 5 178 179 X9 20 3 180 181 X10 6 10 211 212 X11 16 5 213 214 X12 4 2 62 63 X13 5 2 18 19 X14 10 2 62 233 X15 8 5 274 275 X16 10 5 289 290 X17 8 2 20 21 X-1 X12 X1 A large cloud of green smoke appears in front of you. It clears away X1 to reveal a tall wizard, clothed in grey. He fixes you with a steely X1 glare and declares, "This adventure has lasted too long." With that X1 he makes a single pass over you with his hands, and everything around X1 you fades away into a grey nothingness. X2 Even wizards have to wait longer than that! X3 I'm terribly sorry, but Colossal Cave is closed. Our hours are: X4 Only wizards are permitted within the cave right now. X5 We do allow visitors to make short explorations during our off hours. X5 Would you like to do that? X6 Colossal Cave is open to regular adventurers at the following hours: X7 Very well. X8 Only a wizard may continue an adventure this soon. X9 I suggest you resume your adventure at a later time. X10 Do you wish to see the hours? X11 Do you wish to change the hours? X12 New magic word (null to leave unchanged): X13 New magic number (null to leave unchanged): X14 Do you wish to change the message of the day? X15 Okay. You can save this version now. X16 Are you a wizard? X17 Prove it! Say the magic word! X18 That is not what I thought it was. Do you know what I thought it was? X19 Oh dear, you really *ARE* a wizard! Sorry to have bothered you . . . X20 Foo, you are nothing but a charlatan! X21 New hours specified by defining "Prime Time". Give only the hour X21 (e.g. 14, Not 14:00 or 2pm). Enter a negative number after last pair. X22 New hours for Colossal Cave: X23 Limit each line to 70 chars. End with a blank line. X24 Line too long, retype: X25 Not enough room for another line. Ending message here. X26 Do you wish to (re)schedule the next holiday? X27 To begin how many days from today? X28 To last how many days (zero if no holiday)? X29 To be called what (up to 20 characters)? X30 Too small! Assuming minimum value (45 minutes). X31 Break out of this and save your core-image. X32 Be sure to save your core-image... X33 Do you need a new map? X34 There is water here. X35 There is oil here. X36 There is wine (hic) here. X-1 X14 XBREAK WITH AXE SWORD POLE ROD XDRINK FROM CASK CUP VASE BOTTLE XDROP IN CHEST SACK MACHINE BOTTLE CASK GRAIL VASE CAGE XDROP IN BOAT ANVIL PHONE SAFE LAMP TUBE XDROP ON RUG CROWN CLOAK SHOES JEWELS SWORD PILLOW XDUST WITH BROOM XFEED TO TROLL SNAKE BIRD BEAR WUMPUS DOG DWARF BAT XFEED TO CLAM OYSTER SPIDER XFILL WITH OIL WINE WATER XGET FROM CHEST SACK BOTTLE CASK GRAIL VASE CAGE BOAT XGET FROM ANVIL SAFE WUMPUS TUBE XGET IN CHEST SACK BOTTLE CASK GRAIL VASE CAGE BOAT XGET IN ANVIL SAFE WUMPUS TUBE XHIT WITH AXE SWORD POLE ROD KNIFE XINSERT IN CHEST SACK MACHINE BOTTLE CASK GRAIL VASE CAGE XINSERT IN CAGE BOAT ANVIL PHONE SAFE LAMP TUBE XKILL WITH AXE SWORD KNIFE XLEAVE IN CHEST SACK MACHINE BOTTLE CASK GRAIL VASE XLEAVE IN CAGE BOAT ANVIL PHONE SAFE TUBE XLEAVE ON RUG CROWN CLOAK SHOES JEWELS SWORD PILLOW XLOCK WITH KEYS KEY XLOOK IN CHEST SACK BOTTLE CASK GRAIL VASE CAGE BOAT XLOOK IN ANVIL CLAM OYSTER SAFE TUBE XLOOK AT ANY XOPEN WITH KEY KEYS AXE TRIDENT SWORD POLE ROD XPICK UP ANY XPLAY ON HORN LYRE XPOUR ON PLANT SWORD ANVIL DOOR CLOVER XPOUR FROM CASK CUP VASE BOTTLE XPUT DOWN ANY XPUT ON RUG CROWN CLOAK SHOES JEWELS SWORD PILLOW CLOVER XPUT IN CHEST SACK MACHINE BOTTLE CASK GRAIL VASE CAGE XPUT IN BOAT ANVIL PHONE SAFE LAMP TUBE XREAD ON CLAM OYSTER TABLET BILLBOA XREAD FROM CLAM OYSTER TABLET MAGAZIN BOOK POSTER BILLBOA XREMOVE FROM CHEST SACK BOTTLE CASK GRAIL VASE CAGE BOAT XREMOVE FROM ANVIL CLAM OYSTER SAFE WUMPUS TUBE XSHUT WITH KEYS KEY XTAKE OFF CROWN CLOAK SHOES JEWELRY RING CLOVER XTAKE FROM CHEST SACK BOTTLE CASK GRAIL CAGE CAGE BOAT XTAKE FROM ANVIL SAFE WUMPUS TUBE XTAKE IN CHEST SACK BOTTLE CASK GRAIL VASE CAGE BOAT XTAKE IN ANVIL TUBE XTOSS TO TROLL SNAKE BIRD BEAR WUMPUS DOG DWARF BAT XTOSS TO FIGURE XTOSS AT ANY XTOSS DOWN ANY XTURN ON LAMP XTURN OFF LAMP XUNLOCK WITH KEYS KEY XWAVE AT ANY XWAVE TO TROLL SNAKE BIRD BEAR WUMPUS BEES DOG DWARF XWAVE TO BAT FIGURE XYANK FROM ANY X-1 X15 X1 3 4 14 15 20 41 42 43 44 X1 64 71 108 110 111 112 118 X2 108 X3 3 42 43 55 64 112 X4 3 42 43 55 64 112 41 X5 16 47 71 101 108 X7 19 24 46 63 96 101 106 107 X8 13 14 15 16 36 110 111 113 115 X8 122 X9 11 14 15 17 30 31 33 35 87 X9 69 X11 47 53 66 67 72 73 X13 7 29 39 46 53 54 56 67 87 X13 102 106 107 X14 47 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 X14 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 X14 70 71 72 73 110 119 120 58 68 X15 2 4 20 38 48 55 58 70 71 X15 112 118 108 X16 2 5 6 10 16 19 20 28 39 X16 47 51 52 53 54 56 58 59 60 X16 61 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 X16 72 73 101 102 106 107 108 110 113 X16 114 118 119 120 X17 55 108 112 118 X-1 X16 X4-LEAF CLOVER XBLACK ROD DOG OIL FLY XBRASS LAMP KEY XCRYSTAL BALL XELFIN CROWN DOOR KEY XFRESH BATTERI XGIANT DOOR CLAM OYSTER NUGGET SNAKE XGLOWING RADIUM XGOLD NUGGET CHAIN EGGS RING XGREEN RADIUM EMERALD CLOVER XGREY TUBE XHOLY GRAIL XIRON DOOR XLEAD SLUGS TUBE XLEATHER BOOK SACK XMETAL TUBE XMING VASE XOAKEN CASK XOPAL SPHERE XPERSIAN RUG XPLATINU PYRAMID XRARE BOOK COINS SPICES XRUBY SHOES XRUSTY DOOR XSHADOWY FIGURE XSILKEN CLOAK XSILVER HORN XSTEEL SWORD SAFE GRATE XTASTY FOOD XTINY DOOR RING KEY BOTTLE BIRD CAKES TUBE XTREASUR CHEST XVELVET PILLOW XVENDING MACHINE XWICKER CAGE XWOODEN BOAT POLE CASK XWORN-OU BATTERI X-1 X0 X END_OF_FILE if test 49232 -ne `wc -c <'adv.data.3'`; then echo shar: \"'adv.data.3'\" unpacked with wrong size! fi # end of 'adv.data.3' fi if test -f 'monitr.f' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'monitr.f'\" else echo shar: Extracting \"'monitr.f'\" \(3467 characters\) sed "s/^X//" >'monitr.f' <<'END_OF_FILE' XC*** MONITR 2 JANUARY 1978 MIKE ST JOHNS XC XC THIS IS THE WIZARD'S MONITOR MODULE. IT IS INVOKED FROM THE XC MAIN PROGRAM BY TYPING 'WIZARD MODE' FOLLOWED BY 'WIZ' XC THIS MODULE ALLOWS THE WIZARDS OF ADVENT TO MONITOR AND CONTROL XC THE USE OF THE GAME. XC XC MONITR SUPPORTS THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS: XC SCAN FIND OUT WHOS PLAYING XC LOGOUT DELETE A USER FROM THE GAME XC WATCH WATCH A USER PLAY THE GAME XC XC XC WATCH AND LOGOUT TAKE ARGUMENTS IN THE FORM OF THE USER NUMBER. XC TAKE CARE. MONITR DOES NOT CURRENTLY CHECK *ANYTHING*!! XC XC XC TO GET BACK TO ADVENT TYPE 'EXIT'. XC XC XC MIGHT AS WELL DESCRIBE SOME ARRAYS HERE: XC XC THE COMMON LNKCOM IS SHARED BETWEEN ALL USERS. I.E. THERE IS EXACTLY XC ONE COPY OF LNKCOM! NO MATTER HOW MANY USERS ARE USING IT. XC XC ACTIVE(MAXUSR) IS THIS USER IN ADVENT? XC USER(15,MAXUSR) COPIES OF ALL USERS TIMDAT VECTOR (SET BY LOGIN SUB) XC MESSGS(32) IF 0, NO MESSAGES PENDING, IF -1 MESSAGE PENDING IN TEXT XC IF >0 THEN IS A POINTER TO A MESSAGE IN LINES BUFFER XC AND CAN BE PRINTED BY A CALL TO SPEAK. MESSGS IS INT*4 XC MONITO(32) WHICH WIZARD IS WATCHING THIS USER? ZERO IF NONE. XC TEXT(70,32) TEXT FROM THE WATCHED USERS GETLIN BUFFER. XC XC X SUBROUTINE MONITR X IMPLICIT INTEGER(A-Z) X COMMON/WRUCOM/ME X COMMON/LNKCOM/ACTIVE(32),USER(15,32),MESSGS(32),MONITO(32), X 1 TEXT(70,32) X REAL*8 WORD1,WORD2(1),X,Y X INTEGER*4 MESSGS,M X LOGICAL ACTIVE X DIMENSION MESS(70) X DIMENSION VEC(15) XC SCAN. PRINT ALL USERS AND THE AMOUNT OF TIME THEY'VE BEEN ON X10 CALL TIMDAT(VEC,15) X DO 20 I=1,32 X IF(.NOT.ACTIVE(I))GOTO 20 X MIN=VEC(4)-USER(4,I) X IF(MIN.LT.0)MIN=MIN+1440 X WRITE(1,105)(USER(J,I),J=12,15),MIN X105 FORMAT(I2,'\',3A2,'\',3X,I8) X20 CONTINUE X30 CALL GETIN(WORD1,X,WORD2,Y) X IF(WORD1.EQ.'EXIT ')RETURN X IF(WORD1.EQ.'SCAN ')GOTO 10 X IF(WORD1.EQ.'WATCH ')GOTO 50 X IF(WORD1.EQ.'> ')GOTO 60 X IF(WORD1.NE.'LOGOUT ')GOTO 10 X40 IF(WORD2(1).EQ.0.0D0)GOTO 30 /* WATCH MUST HAVE USER NUMBER X DECODE(2,101,WORD2,ERR=200)BYE /* ONLY FIRST TWO CHARS X101 FORMAT(I2) X WRITE(1,109)BYE X109 FORMAT('Logging user ',I4,' off of ADVENTure.') X ACTIVE(BYE)=.FALSE. /* IF ACTIVE FOR A USER IS .FALSE. THE X /* USER PROGRAM TAKES CARE OF GETTING RID OF HIM X GOTO 30 X200 WRITE(1,103) X103 FORMAT('Problems converting logout number') X GOTO 30 X201 WRITE(1,202) X202 FORMAT('Problems converting watch number') X GOTO 30 X50 IF(WORD2(1).EQ.0.0D0)GOTO 30 X DECODE(2,101,WORD2,ERR=201)WATCH X CALL SEM$DR(ME,CODE) X55 IF(MONITO(WATCH).LT.0.AND.ACTIVE(WATCH))GOTO 55 X IF(MONITO(WATCH).NE.0)GOTO 10 X MONITO(WATCH)=ME X MESSGS(WATCH)=0 X CALL SEM$NF(ME,CODE) X GOTO 52 X51 CHAR=0 X CALL ENTER(DUMMY,2,1,TIME,CHAR) X IF(CHAR.EQ.0)GOTO 52 X MONITO(WATCH)=0 X CALL SEM$DR(ME,CODE) X GOTO 30 X52 IF(MESSGS(WATCH).EQ.0)GOTO 51 X M=MESSGS(WATCH) X MESSGS(WATCH)=0 X IF(M.LT.0)GOTO 53 X CALL SEM$NF(ME,CODE) X CALL SPEAK(M) X GOTO 52 X53 DO 54 I=1,70 X54 MESS(I)=TEXT(I,WATCH) X CALL SEM$NF(ME,CODE) X WRITE(1,112)MESS X112 FORMAT(70A1) X GOTO 52 X60 DECODE(2,101,WORD2,ERR=201)WHO X READ(1,62)(TEXT(I,ME),I=1,70) X MONITO(WHO)=-ME X GOTO 10 X62 FORMAT(70A1) X END END_OF_FILE if test 3467 -ne `wc -c <'monitr.f'`; then echo shar: \"'monitr.f'\" unpacked with wrong size! fi # end of 'monitr.f' fi if test -f 'monitr.f.alt' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'monitr.f.alt'\" else echo shar: Extracting \"'monitr.f.alt'\" \(47 characters\) sed "s/^X//" >'monitr.f.alt' <<'END_OF_FILE' X SUBROUTINE MONITR X RETURN X END END_OF_FILE if test 47 -ne `wc -c <'monitr.f.alt'`; then echo shar: \"'monitr.f.alt'\" unpacked with wrong size! fi # end of 'monitr.f.alt' fi echo shar: End of archive 2 \(of 8\). cp /dev/null ark2isdone MISSING="" for I in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ; do if test ! -f ark${I}isdone ; then MISSING="${MISSING} ${I}" fi done if test "${MISSING}" = "" ; then echo You have unpacked all 8 archives. rm -f ark[1-9]isdone else echo You still need to unpack the following archives: echo " " ${MISSING} fi ## End of shell archive. exit 0