Retrieved from https://books.google.com/books?id=T0h3zcuVSz4C&pg=PT223 on 2016-08-24. "Fools' Names, Fools' Faces", by Andrew Ferguson. Atlantic Monthly Press: 1996. ISBN 0-87113-651-1. ========================================================================== I'm not big on games, but friends had told me of the interactive entertainments available in cyberspace, and I tried a few. Most of the games seem to be the kind favored by fellows who spent long winter afternoons after school playing Dungeons and Dragons. They're heavy on gothic story telling, with lots of damsels, hidden treasures, and spooky houses. Castlequest, for example, which is available on CompuServe's basic package, is a narrative game that opens with a very long description of the Carpathian Mountains, through which the player is supposedly traveling. His car breaks down. It is dark, of course, and stormy, and the narrative drops the player into a spooky castle. "The object of the game is to find the master of the castle and deal with him as needed, while looting the castle of its treasures." There are no graphics in Castlequest, only text. The player is told he is awakening in a bed in a room in the castle. Then the interactive part begins. A question mark flashes on the screen, to which you are supposed to respond. I typed: "Let's go." "I don't think I understand," the computer replied. I typed: "Move." "I don't think I understand," the computer replied. I typed: "Get up." "I don't think I understand." I typed: "Quit." "Score: 0! You are a greenhorn at this game!" I typed: "Go to hell." But the game was over and I had been returned to the main menu. ==========================================================================