Retrieved from https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure/oKi2iNbKSB8/g-pnYBTmbC4J on 2016-01-26. Email addresses have been mangled by Google Groups; I've repaired the ones that can be unambiguously deduced. Any instance of "...@" in this text should be considered suspect. This is a post (never answered) on comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure, from March 30, 1997. Alexander Beels claims that there was a 500-point (not 501-point) version due to David Long. =========================================================================== From: Alexander Beels Subject: Good Ol' Adventure Date: 1997/03/30 Message-ID: <333ED5BE.7613@columbia.edu>#1/1 X-Deja-AN: 229503036 Organization: Columbia University Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure Hi y'all, am I glad to find this newsgroup! I'm not a regular gamer myself, but I have these papers to write, so... I recently dug up a few versions of the old Colossal Cave adventure, the only computer game I really played some ten or more years ago in college. I used to play the David Long U of Chicago 500 point version, (never finished it) and now I've got the 660 point Adventure 4+ by Mike Arnautov. Anyway, I'm stuck. If anyone recognizes this version of the game and can help me out, I'd really appreciate it . . . 1) I need mushrooms! I've done everything up to killing the Ogre, and I need the sword to do it, but I'm not strong enough. I once played an earlier version of this where you need to eat mushrooms to get strong, but I can't find them in this version. The room (the cubicle) where they were in the old version is empty. Hints? 2) I'm also trapped in the stream maze. I've gotten into the sewers and found the maze with streams cascading through it, but cannot find my way out (except to go back to the sewers). The computer gave me a hint (that it's been leading my round in circles), but that doesn't help at all. Do any of you have any better hints? Or is there nothing in the maze anyway? (It seems that there must be something to do in the maze, since it is the only way out of the sewers.) Perhaps the mushrooms are in the maze? As you can see, I'm confused. Can you help out? Please cc: any replies to my email address, since I can't get on the net everyday. Thanks in advance, Alex arb28@columbia.edu